Thanks to my cousin Gary, I’ve learned that there is this website called MissingMoney.com where the state and provincial governments in the country work together to safeguard and return lost funds for you or your loved one. If your mom or dad had paypal money left in their account or a check that was never cashed, you might find their name and last known address on this website.
I suggest cross checking this website to make sure you, your mom, or your dad does not have money laying around and if they do, you can file a claim with the state that has the money.
The website will show the name, the last known address associated with the money and if it’s higher or lower than $100.
I suggest cross-searching in the following ways:
– First Name and Last Name and last known state of residence
– First Name and Last Name and ALL known states of residence
– First Name and Last Name and Middle Initial
– First Name and Last Name and Middle Initial and last known state of residence
– First Name and Last Name and Middle Initial and ALL known state of residence
You’re going to need to prove that you are the rightful owner to the money. When you file the claim, they will ask you questions about power of attorney, death certificate and social security information.
It could be a nice little gift from your parents to you. I found out about this on my mom’s birthday, April 26th. I took this as a little “hello” from her and my dad.